Which is the Best Windows Hosting in UK?
Windows Hosting is a type of web Hosting Platforms that run on a server, hosting a website. It is platform specific software which means the developer developed it to run one platform and also cross platform software which means the project code is intended to run on more than platform. The Windows Hosting is not a free and open source, it is sold by Microsoft and this means someone has to pay for it before it can function and also because licence is required for its installation and this also has to be purchased.
But it is worthy of note that whichever platform you use is of no relevance to the software your PC runs because many people really think that they need to get Windows hosting because their computer is on windows, fortunately, that is not true, Windows hosting doesn’t relate to the kind of operating system you use.
|Windows Shared Hosting Providers with UK Data Centres|
|Hostings #||Price m.||Uptime||Domains||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Extras||Link|
|WebHost.UK.net Review||£2.08||£4.08||1||500MB||5GB||–||Get DiscountRead Review|
|WHUK Hosting Review||£2.62||99.9%||2||5GB SSD||Unmetered||Free Domain||Get DiscountRead Review|
Windows hosting needs some specific Windows applications and some of the application needed includes ASP Classic, ASP.NET, MSSQL which means Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic development (dedicated server only), Adobe Cold Fusion, Silver light, Crystal Reports, Jscript .NET. In order to provide the most desirable performance of your web content, the windows server hosting uses the latest technology, A major element and quality infrastructure is the Content Delivery Network which spread request across several data centres (which is used to house computer system and associated components such as storage system) causing an additional boost for Windows server hosting because this enables users to request your website from the nearest server through the cloud which are distributed on more than one data centres nationwide.
|Windows VPS Servers with UK Data Centres|
|Hostings #||Price m.||CPU||RAM||Storage||Bandwidth||Panel||Link|
|WebHost.uk.net Review||£50||2.8 GHz||1GB||40GB SSD||2.5TB||Plesk||Get DiscountRead Review|
|Webhosting.uk.com Review||£15.99||2 Cores||2GB||60GB SSD||Unlimited||Plesk||Get DiscountRead Review|
How to Choose it?
You necessarily do not need a Windows server simply because you own a Windows PC or laptop because web hosting is not dependent on your set up at home or at your working place (office). It is required for those who like how compatible Microsoft products are or application that are developed in Microsoft technology, or the point and click simplicity than programming. You need to know your hosting needs, know the kind of website you are building, ask yourself if you will need windows applications and also confirm if the hosting control panel is easy to use.
Therefore, the process of choosing a new hosting plan can be very complicated especially when it comes to choosing different platforms, which Windows hosting is of course a type of platform. Before signing up for Windows hosting, you will need to decide if you should invest in UK Windows hosting.
You will need a Windows server for anything that requires the .NET frame work or that is written in ASP (which also means Active Server Pages) or ASP.NET. It is also needed if you are working with Visual Basic (VB) ColdFusion or C#. Windows is also required if you need to attract any products in the Microsoft stack for example Exchange or if you are working in SharePoint. This includes designing content on SharePoint Designer. Also, Windows hosting is necessary for websites that uses ASP.NET and MS SQL, and these are only available on Windows hosting platforms, for that are running on Java technology for example WordPress, Drupal, Joomla etc. The Windows web hosting is not necessarily a good choice, but to really make a good choice it is dependent on the requirement of your website project.
|Windows Dedicated Servers with UK Data Centres|
|Hostings #||Price m.||CPU||RAM||Storage||BW||Panel||Link|
|WebHost.uk.net Review||£129||Intel Core i3-2100 2x 2.3GHz||4GB||2x 1TB||5TB||Plesk||Get DiscountRead Review|
|WebHosting UK Review||£81.99||Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 3.3GHz||8GB||2x 1TB||10TB||Plesk||Get DiscountRead Review|
|Hosting.co.uk Review||£66||Intel 8 Core C2750||8GB||500GB||5TB||–||Get DiscountRead Review|
What about the Advantages?
- Ease of use: it is easy to use and does not require much interaction with the command line.
- Easy to manage and update: For someone inexperienced with hosting, it is easier to manage and update.
- Limitation of each server to a fixed number of domain: This is done to ensure that performance is consistent and maintained.
- Stable operating system: It is a stable operating system if correctly managed by the host.
- Price/Extra charges: There are no charges of extras such as Scripting services, activation of .Net framework, ODBC connectivity, MySQL, CGI and SSI as all these are included for free.
- Reliability: So many people are concerned about how reliable Windows host is, but that’s unnecessary especially if you are going with the best Windows hosting services. It provides the same environment for management and also administration of your websites by leveraging the power of Microsoft windows server 2003/2008.
The typical ones that are reliable include:
- Windows Server 2008 (February 2008)
- Windows Server2008 R2 (July2009)
- Windows Server 2012 (August 2012)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (October 2013)
- Windows Server 2016 (Upcoming)
What about the Disadvantages?
- Script: It is not easier to use if your script is written in PHP.
- Support for WordPress: Windows does not easily support WordPress especially if you do not know your way around WP, because it may require custom configuration.
- Cost: Another disadvantages of Windows is that it is very expensive, not the cheapest you can find and are not really common in the UK web hosting field.
- Loyalty to a particular Company: If you want to stay loyal to a particular company not all are able to provide Windows hosting.
- Apache module: If you need Apache or a specific Apache module, then Windows hosting might not be the best option for you.
- Flexibility: Windows does not allow the ability to be flexible in customizing your server.
Windows hosting UK is a solution that is ideal for Microsoft Windows shared hosting, focuses on providing the best value in ASP.NET and SQL hosting.
Conclusion: Windows Hosting from UK have the Following Benefits
- Multiples 100Mb Mailboxes (sites space limit apply)
- Unlimited email alias
- Unlimited private FTP access
- Temporary URL-preview ahead of transfer
- Easy to use Control panel
- auto responders that are unlimited
- Custom FTP site creation
- Multiple and individual FTP users
- Unlimited domains aliasing
- Unlimited bandwidth per month
- 1000Mb fast web space(standard)
- 3000Mb fast web space (premium)
- Unlimited ODBC Connectivity
- CDO sys installed
- Access Database Support
- ASP jpeg installed
- ASP.NET support
- ASP upload installed
Window hosting is currently a fast growing choice for many companies because with it you can use different technologies such as ASP.NET, ASP, PHP and its ability to run ASP or .NET script which are becoming popular.