What is Important to Know When Choosing SSD Hosting UK?
For years, the world of web hosting has been rapidly changing and altering. As technology continues to change, so too does the features we can pick from. Networking is becoming more and more important in every walk of life as more parts of the world become tech-reliant. Therefore, we have to accept that for some time now there has been a minor changing of the guard in how hardware operates.
The development of the Solid State Drive (SSD), for example, changed everything. As the latest and greatest form of computer storage, it loads everything at the click of a finger and just makes it much easier for hardware to operate and run itself. It is for that reason, then, that SSD Hosting in the UK has become so incredibly useful.
|Best SSD Web Hosting Providers with UK Data Centres|
|Hostings #||Price m.||Renewal||Domains||SSD Storage||Bandwidth||Extras||Link|
|TMDhosting Review||$2.65||$4.85||1||Unlimited||Unlimited||Free Domain
|Get DiscountRead Review|
|Fastcomet Hosting Review||$3.95||$3.95||1||15GB||Unlimited||Free Domain
|Get DiscountRead Review|
|Siteground Hosting Review||£2.75||£6.95||1||10GB||Unlimited||Free SSL||Get DiscountRead Review|
|1and1 Hosting Review||£0.99||£4.99||1||50GB||Unlimited||–||Get DiscountRead Review|
|WebHost.UK.net Review||£5.00||£5.00||5||5GB||50GB||–||Get DiscountRead Review|
|WHUK Hosting Review||£2.62||£2.62||2||5GB||Unmetered||Free Domain||Get DiscountRead Review|
|FastHosts Hosting Review||£2.50||£5.00||1||10GB||Unlimited||Free Domain||Get DiscountRead Review|
|Namecheap Hosting Review||$1.82||$4.24||3||20GB||Unlimited||–||Get DiscountRead Review|
Speed matters, right? Everyone wants speed in life. They want things done at a rapid pace. We all do, and that includes loading of our hardware. This is where the SSD comes in – it offers a rapid pace of loading. From how fast your hardware loads to, in hosting parlance, how quickly websites can be accessed and loaded, SSDs play a major role in the positive upturn in computer performance.
For that reason, they play a significant role in how hosting is managed and maintained on a regular basis. Used correctly, SSDs have changed everything from general office work to computer gaming through to web hosting. It has been a major improvement, and for that reason many people choose to invest a little bit extra into SSD hosting.
While normal UK web hosting is still the most common and is still very powerful, some people go for SSD web hosting when they want that extra guarantee of power and rapid transition.
What is SSD Hosting?
SSD hosting is, in a nutshell, a platform which is all about high-end storage. It’s used in high end desktop and laptop devices, and plays a key role in everything from competitive video gaming to office work and, today, hosting. Website hosting has become a very important part of the web experience; as demand increases, so does the need for fast access.
This is where SSD web hosting comes in; it offers a better way for larger firms to help store data that can be loaded quicker and without any of the usual slowdown. By using one, SSD hosting can be the catalyst needed to help improve flagging performance on a normal hosting server.
However, make no mistake; normal, ‘traditional’ hosting is just fine. For the vast majority of jobs, it can play an absolutely essential role in managing your hosting platform accordingly. Since old hard drives were somewhat mechanical in nature, the complete automation of how they operate has been a huge change. SSDs are completely electronic, removing the need for moving parts and components in the first place.
This removes the chance for parts to wear down or to lack efficiency from the start, vastly reducing the chance that an SSD will begin to rapidly degrade in performance. The old HDD models still followed the classics 80s models, despite getting smaller in size and bigger in storage capacity. The main issue with the traditional models is that they still use the same basic framework from the 80s – there is no real change or alteration in how information is read or wrote onto an HDD. SSDs, though, change that entirely.
So, SSD hosting is literally just using a more modern, rapidly accessible and efficient form of storage to host your website on the data centre it is hosted upon.
How, though, does this benefit you?
Benefits of that Type of Web Hosting
- Better page loading speeds. For one, your website is liable to load quicker on an SSD web hosting package. While website speeds are more dependent on the quality of the hosting company than the hardware alone, SSD hosting is naturally going to be faster. Now that search engines use page load speeds as a primary ranking factor, you should take this quite seriously.
- Better client retention. Another benefit of the speed is people hanging around. If your website is under constant demand, then you might find going to an SSD web hosting package can help resolve some of those issues. Clients are more likely to stick around if the website loads within 2-6s of their first click on the link to come and visit.
- Greater reliability. Another nice factor of SSD hosting is that it can be more reliable. Not only are you more dedicated here than sharing your server space with other sites, but it’s most likely got a longer lifespan than a normal HDD. This means that breakdowns, replacements and downtime can all be reduced as an SSD tends to offer more general reliability. Though, it has to be said that while they are more reliable, hosting quality plays an equally important part.
- Environmental care. Lastly, the quality of the environmental care of SSD hosting is larger as SSDs use far less energy than their traditional counterpart – roughly one fifth, depending on the HDD quality. That is a lot of energy saving, and these extra savings could be passed down the line in future to you, the customer.
- More modern. The last benefit is fairly abstract yet still important to note; your website is far more likely to operate in a positive manner if you can sell it as using the most modern equipment. You can then tell people that you are ‘hosted using modern SSD hosting’ which is just another nice boast to have!
Again, SSD hosting is not a necessity; the vast majority of sites can get by with cheap hosting instead. If you want more dedication, less chances of downtime and the better opportunity to handle traffic spikes, though, this can be a very good starting point.
Order SSD web hosting from FastComet and get a Free Domain for Life!
Overall, then, it’s very easy to see why so many turn to SSD hosting; put simply, it changes how we work and how we generally operate from the back-end of a website. While traditional web hosting is more than fine in the vast majority of circumstances, some platforms will actively need to invest in SSD options.
They tend to make the biggest difference to performance, loading and speed and for that reason they have become commonplace. If you are looking for hardware that can help to augment your hosting packages or make loading faster, this is the place to start.